Imagining a life at JLOOP...
We are always on the lookout for individuals who can expand our capabilities, supercharge our creativity, and widen our perspective.
We challenge each other daily. We work hard. We have benefits. Besides the obvious - things like yoga make our work lives a little richer, and a little healthier.
Below are a few positions we have defined, but you may fit in our mix differently - contract, full-time, or part-time - make your pitch. We look forward to meeting you.
Who are you? You love design and want to contribute to the creation of amazing digital experiences. You are a team collaborator but are also independently motivated. You want to learn and grow. You immerse yourself in details. You are a process-oriented self-starter. You want to create the type of work others want to emulate.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Requirements for the position:
* 2+ years experience of working as a UX Designer, UI Designer, or other relevant position.
* Significant experience with design software and a solid portfolio of design projects.
* Excellent knowledge of interaction design and information architecture.
* Ability to work quickly under tight deadlines and manage 3-4 projects simultaneously.
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Strong communication skills.
* A passion for creative problem solving and innovation.
Things you will do:
* Anticipate design needs following approved designs to achieve final production art.
* Collaborate closely with producers, art directors, designers and developers.
* Work with other team members to optimize user experience and resolve UX problems with achievable development solutions.
* Be a student of each project’s objectives and goals.
* Make various formats of supplied artwork production-ready and resolve any artwork issues that arise during production.
* Provide image retouching, clipping paths and additional image manipulation.
* Prepare images for online and mobile applications.
* Follow a development timeline to ensure tasks are being completed on time.
* Troubleshoot problems as they arise with the full team of designers and developers.
* Take responsibility for the accuracy and quality of a design before its implementation.
* Stay up to date with new production techniques and trends through research and education.
Tools you need to know:
* Adobe Creative Suite: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign.
Additional Tools that would be good to know:
* Wireframe Pro.
Knowledge you should have:
* Real world, best practice application of user experience design for web and mobile.
* Application of designing for multiple environments including responsive design and other approaches.
* Insights into implementation of design systems.
* Current trends and best practices in UX and design.
* A basic understanding of how design and code (HTML and CSS) work together.
Skills you should have:
* Strong analytical skills.
* Detail oriented verbal and written communication skills.
* The ability to handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
* Team player who is open to constructive feedback.